Eliminate dropped chains forever and more than double your chainring life with the new OneUp Components High Direct Mount (HDM).
At only 38g the OneUp HDM Chain Guide weighs less than sip of water, and can save you money in less than a season.
The first chain guide designed to be both Oval and Boost compatible.
Why do I need a guide and a Narrow Wide Chainring?
Narrow wide chainrings are awesome, but they're not perfect and every once in a while you can drop a chain while riding. On a social ride this means getting dropped by your friends. But when racing an Enduro a dropped chain can cost you the podium, which is why almost every EWS pro runs both a chainguide and narrow wide chainring.
How can I double my chainring life?
As a Narrow Wide ring wears, over time the teeth thin and loose their chain retention ability, leading to more dropped chains. The OneUp guide extends chainring life by limiting the chains side-to-side movement reducing the tooth wear and totally preventing the chain from derailing. Installing a OneUp guide means you now only have to replace your chainring when the driving faces have worn out, which typically doubles your usable chainring life. Buy less stuff - Work Less Ride More.
- Install without removing your crank
- Single tool install and adjustment
- Boost compatible
- Oval Compatible
- Stainless Steel hardware
- Includes 2 top guide pieces 1xBlack 1xGreen
- Patented US 10,053,188 Other Patents Pending
Chainline: 5.5mm adjustment
Mount: High Direct Mount
Material: Carbon / Aluminum
GUIDE SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Adjust front plate height to ring size
2. Install backplate onto direct mount, torque bolts to 3Nm.
3. With crankset and chain installed, use spacer shim block to measure clearance between back plate and chain
4. Determine the corresponding number of chainline shims required
5. Assemble top guide with spacers and tighten bolt to 3Nm