OneUp Components – Financial Controller - Squamish BC, Canada
About the Company:
OneUp Components, a Squamish based mountain bike components brand is looking for an exceptional Financial Controller to join our team. OneUp is a global brand with operations in multiple countries creating nexus in multiple tax jurisdictions. Strong MTB experience and participation essential. Must be a member of a Canadian CPA institute.
You will monitor and evaluate day-to-day accounting tasks and activities to ensure accurate and timely financials. In addition, you will oversee, continuously review and improve current processes for the accounting operations to include AP, AR, Cash Management, and General Accounting.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial statements in accordance with ASPE. This will include oversight of the month-end close process to include a review of financial statements, fluctuation explanations versus budget and prior year, balance sheet reconciliations and distribution to related stakeholders.
- Coordinating activities of external financial auditors
- Create and manage company budgets
- Responsible for cash management in multiple currencies - both incoming and outgoing cash as well as cashflow forecasting
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting and registration for including tax planning global tax compliance reporting UK VAT, EU VAT, US and Canadian sales Tax
- Coordinate reporting and compliance of import and export duties
- Develop FX forecasting / hedging strategies
- Payroll, source deductions, corporate tax installments
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
Must have a minimum of 10 years accounting experience with at least 5 years in a senior accounting or financial management role
Accounting designation (CPA)
Experience of accounting in similar sectors: manufacturing, retail, or ecommerce
Highly proficient in Excel and financial software applications (Quickbooks online, Avalara, Cin7 ERP)
- Full time position with every 2nd Friday off (9 days worked out of every 10)
- Flexible hours
- Excellent benefits and profit-sharing package
- Competitive Salary, commensurate upon experience
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com with “Financial Controller 2021” in your email subject line
Please include a brief cover letter and resume. We will only respond to successful applicants we are looking to interview.