OneUp Components, a Squamish based mountain biking brand is looking for an exceptional design engineer to join our team and develop mountain biking components. Strong MTB knowledge, experience and participation essential. MTB industry product development experience a bonus.
Office based position in Squamish (Not remote). Excellent compensation, benefits and a fun working environment with a riding focussed company culture. Applicants must have a Canadian work permit valid for more than 2 years.
- Applies engineering principles to design, develop, or modify products from 3D modeling through to production based on customer feedback, sales requirements, and industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates excellence in problem solving and creativity with an eye for industrial design.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects.
- Designs and develops new, or completes modifications to existing products.
- Determines feasibility of designs considering costs, time limitations, planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Carries out design for manufacturability and prepares documentation as required to support product manufacturing.
- Works with manufacturing vendors. Provides direction to factories and suppliers on processes.
- Collaborates with development team to meet project performance, schedule and cost objectives.
- Communicates project status and solicits feedback from Sales, Marketing, and other departments.
- Carries out physical testing of products.
- Travels as required to meet with vendors and customers.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of product development experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have experience with engineering tools such as 3D Modeling (CREO)
Requires strong knowledge of complex mechanical mechanisms and assemblies, materials and manufacturing processes.
Strong bicycle component knowledge, including mechanical aptitude in building and troubleshooting bicycles and components is a benefit
- Full time position with every 2nd Friday off (9 days worked out of every 10)
- 8hr/day with a 30min paid lunch break. Flexible working hours.
- Excellent salary, benefits and profit-sharing package.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Engineer Application 2020” in your email subject line
Please include a brief cover letter and resume. We will only respond to successful applicants we are looking to interview.
Closing date for applications is Oct 25th, 2020