V1 DROPPER POST SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
- Waterproof grease (ie. Slickoleum, Slick Honey, Wet Seal, Silicon Shine, etc.) toothbrush, and cloth
- rubbing alcohol
- 2 mm hex
- 15 mm wrench/spanner
Assembly time, approximately 20 minutes. Difficulty: Easy-Medium.
Step 1: Unscrew the post collar
- Unscrew by hand and slide it up towards the seatpost head.
- Using a 15mm spanner or crescent wrench, unscrew the bottom green actuator using the flats.
Step 3: Remove actuator pins
- Use a 2mm hex to completely remove the actuator securing pins.
Step 4: Remove the lower assembly
- Slide the actuator, rubber washer and foam washers off of shaft.
Step 5: Remove the lower post
- Clean lower post with a lint free shop rag.
- Clean the upper stanchion and inside of the lower body of the post with rubbing alcohol.
- Remove all old grease.
- Using a toothbrush apply grease to the area around the brass keys, the bushings of the upper assembly and inside the outer post body.
- Aligning the brass keys with machined grooves in the lower post.
- Make sure to align the one key on the inner white sleeve bushings with the center groove of the lower post.
Step 8: Reassemble lower assembly
- Slide foam washers, rubber washer and lower assembly over grey colored tip of the lower shaft.
- Ensure the small black washer is reassembled into the actuator and flat before the silver cap.Slide the actuator over the end of the grey lower shaft.
- Install the thru-bolts making sure they slide through the grooves of the grey tip of the lower shaft.
- Tighten the actuator securing pins using 2mm hex hand tight.
Step 10: Secure lower actuator
- Thread the lower actuator assembly into the lower post body
- Use a spanner/ 15 mm wrench to tighten by hand.
- Compress the post 50mm and then seat the bushing into the top of the post until only the top rib is showing.
- Reinstall the seat post collar and tighten by hand.
Step 12: Reattach and go ride your bike.