All dropper posts require key way clearance. With so many different frames, clamps and ride heights it's not possible to ship play-free without running the risk of binding. The kit is meant to remove additional play that might develop over time or, for the more mechanically inclined, to tune the play out for a specific bike.
Start with the 3 pins marked with 2 lines. If play still exists move to the 3 pins marked with 4 lines.
Follow the instructions below referencing this exploded view
With the post still installed on bike complete the following steps
1. Remove the saddle and clamps
2. wipe away any dirt or debris
3. Lower the post to mid travel
4. Unthread mid cap assembly (8).
5. Remove Cartridge lockring (6) with needle nose pliers.
6. Upper tube (7) will now slide out
7. Replace guide pins (10) with oversized guide pins (19) or (20) and regrease
8. Reassemble in reverse order
Exclusive discounts and new product news