DROPPER POST V2 SERVICE - CLEAN
QUICK CLEAN AND GREASE
Below are clean and regrease instructions for your OneUp V2 Dropper Post. This service should take less than 5 minutes and should be completed every 50-100hrs of riding depending on the conditions in which to ride. Always check you air pressure after servicing. The pressure should be 250-300psi with the post fully extended.
Users are encouraged to perform regular maintenance earlier if required. If something seems rough or unusual after servicing please discontinue riding and contact email@example.com to avoid additional damage to the post.
- Waterproof grease (ie. Slickoleum, Slick Honey)
- Rubbing alcohol
- 2 mm hex
- 14 mm or 17mm wrench (or adjustable wrench)
- Toothbrush, and Lint-free Cloth
EXPLODED VIEW FOR REFERENCE
Step 1: Unscrew MID CAP ASSEMBLY (8)
- Move the dropper post into a mid travel position
- Unscrew the mid cap by hand or using a strap wrench and slide it up towards the seatpost head.
Step 2: Unscrew ACTUATOR (16) from LOWER TUBE (12)
- For V2.1 actuators use a 14mm (9/16") spanner or a adjustable wrench
- For V2.0 actuators use a 17mm spanner or a crescent wrench
- Unscrew the bottom green actuator using the wrench
Step 3: Remove LOCK BOLTS (17)
- Use a 2mm hex to completely remove the actuator lock bolts.
Step 4: Remove ACTUATOR (16) from CARTRIDGE (14)
- Slide the actuator and foam washer off of shaft.
Step 5: Remove LOWER TUBE (12) from UPPER TUBE (7)
- Slide the lower tube away from the upper tube to fully remove it
- Remove old grease from the upper tube and from inside the lower tube
- Clean the upper tube with rubbing alcohol
Step 6: Apply grease
- Using a toothbrush apply grease to the area around the brass pins, the bushings of the upper assembly and inside the outer post body.
Step 7: Reassemble LOWER TUBE (12) and UPPER TUBE (7)
- Align the brass pins with machined grooves in the lower post. and the lower tube laser with the rear of the upper tube
Step 8: Reassemble ACTUATOR (16)
- Slide the foam washer onto the cartridge shaft
- Slide the actuator over the end of the cartridge shaft.
- Install the thru-bolts making sure they slide through the grooves of the cartridge shaft.
- Tighten the actuator securing pins using 2mm hex hand tight.
Step 9: Secure ACTUATOR (16) to LOWER TUBE (12)
- Thread the lower actuator assembly into the lower post body
- Tighten using the same wrench as was used for disassembly
Step 10: Secure MID CAP ASSEMBLY (8)
- Make sure the post is compressed at least 50mm (2") and then seat the bushing into the top of the post.
- Thread the Mid Cap Assembly into the lower tube and tighten by hand or with strap wrench
Step 11: Reinstall the post and go ride your bike.