OneUp Components, a Squamish based mountain bike components company is growing. We are looking for a motivated, passionate mountain biker with a positive attitude to join our small team. We offer a competitive starting salary, and a benefits package. In addition to this, we only work 9 days out of every 10, so you get an extra day off every 2 weeks. You will also receive numerous bike industry benefits and you will be part of a fun working environment. Starting Date: as soon as possible.
We are looking for:
- Passionate mountain biker (prototype component testing required)
- Bike shop experience preferred (must have experience maintaining and working on mountain bikes)
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent communicator (written English, spelling and grammar)
- Positive outlook. The ability to stay customer focused and always helpful
- Methodical and organized
- Ability to multitask
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter and resume (and a link to your Strava profile). We will only respond to successful applicants we are seeking to further interview. Closing date for applications is May 10th, 2020
As an integral member of the OneUp Components team, your position will be split between customer service email support and warehouse duties.
- Provide exceptional email support to all customer inquiries.
- Help with managing, amending, correcting orders electronically
- Process warranties and refunds
- Maintain a helpful and fast contact point for our worldwide customers and their concerns.
- Pick, pack and ship orders as instructed by the customer service / sales department
- Receive deliveries
- Keep warehouse and product inventory organized
- Perform regular inventory stock checks
- Keep warehouse clean and tidy
Expectations, Abilities and Faculties Needed
- Lifting up to 16kg boxes regularly and repetitively
- Working one weekend day regularly. Scheduled days off will be Friday/Saturday and every second Thursday.
- Working efficiently, often alone with great focus and output
- Strong knowledge and/or keen interest in high performance mountain bikes, components, and riding bikes
- Strong organization skills, a self-auditor
- Clear in communication both in person with daily delivery and via email, logs and record keeping
- Good computer literacy; MS Excel, Email and typing
- This position is for our Squamish warehouse. There will be some light part assembly duties, and various small projects as well as cleaning.
- Must be an avid mountain biker
- Must have a driver’s license and be willing to use your own car occasionally for tasks
- We hope to foster your desire for outdoor pursuits. Avid cyclists/mountain bikers will feel right at home with our team.
- You will be invited to participate in occasional group rides and provide feedback on test parts and the development of product when requested.
- The position is for 9 full time days out of every 10. 8hr/day with a 30min paid lunch break.
- Starting salary will be $38,000/year plus comprehensive benefits starting after 3-month probation period.